It comes down to this:
Would you change the way you do something IF
you knew how much money it would save you?
- Save $203 per year in Heating costs: Set the thermostat to 68% in the winter and 78% in the summer with an Energy Star programmable thermostat. (This is based on a current annual heating and cooling expense of $615). Note: For every degree you turn the heat down you’ll reduce your energy bill by 5%!
- Save another 20% on your Energy Bill: Tankless water heaters heat water only when needed, unlike standard water heats that store gallons of water that needs to be constantly heated and reheated.
- Save $180 per year in Utility costs: Replace your 10 year old refrigerator, dishwasher, room air conditioner and clothes washer with ENERGY STAR® labeled equipment.
- Save $90 per Light Bulb over it’s lifetime: Replace incandescent bulbs with compact fluorescent bulbs (CFLs). CFLs consume up to 75% less energy and they last up to 10 times longer than incandescent bulbs.
- Save $580 per year in Cleaning Products: Make your own non-toxic household cleaning products. You can find recipes for making your own non-toxic cleaning products using everyday items like baking soda, vinegar, and soda water at www.greenpeace.org/usa.
- Save $125 – $450 per year with Windows: Replace single pane windows with Energy Star qualified windows.
- Or Save $25 – $110 per year with Windows: Replace double pane clear glass windows with Energy Star qualified windows.
- Use 20% less water with Water Sense labeled products.
- Save 5,000 gallons of water per year: Replace your toilet with a low flow model and use less than 1.3 gallon of water per flush instead of up to 7 gallons.
- Save $500 per year in bottled water: Save by eliminating 1 bottle of water per day, plus help reduce the amount of plastic that ends up in landfills and waterways.
- Save thousands of dollars by Taking Your Lunch to Work! Americans spend over $134 billion each year on fast food. And takeout food packaging creates 1.8 million tons of trash in the U.S. each year! If you spend $9 a day on a chicken sandwich and soda, that’s $45 a week, or $2,250 every year.
On a Global note, did you know?……
Recycling 1 Ton of Paper saves:
- 17 Trees
- 463 Gallons of Oil
- 6,953 Gallons of Water
- 587 lbs. of Air Pollution
- 4,077 Kilowatt Hours of Energy
- 3.1 Cubic Yards of Landfill Space